Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

The phone is ringing received calls despite everything

Customer Question

The phone is ringing for all received calls despite everything being turned on. So I am missing frequent calls in real time - they go to messaging
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
correction - the phone is NOT ringing for all phone calls
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
If this is a cell phone, make sure you have good reception - at least 2 bars.
If you have only 1 bar, the signal can fluctuate due to weather and environmental factors, and you may lose the network connection intermittently.
Try leaving the phone near a window and check if there is any improvement.
Also, on some phones they will divert straight to voicemail if the phone is turned upside-down - let me know the make and model number of the phone if you need me to check if this feature is available on your phone.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The make is an Apple 5s iphone. It is never upside down although I carry it in my pocket. Some phone calls come through
and others don't.
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
If you carry it in your pocket, then the reception is going to vary. Try leaving it out of your pocket and you should notice an improvement.