Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

I need to recover text messages from a tracfone line from 2010.I

Customer Question

I need to recover text messages from a tracfone line from 2010.I still have sim card
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, and welcome to JustAnswer, I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible. The messages are usually stored on the SIM card on your phone (not on the phone itself). To retrieve deleted messages the first thing you need to do is stop any sending and receiving of messages The reason is that the deleted messages are still on the SIM card, but if they are overwritten with a new message, then they are gone for good. You will then need to buy this SIM USB reader so that your SMS messages can be read by a computer http://www.dekart.com/products/hardware/sim_card_reader/ You put the SIM card into this reader and put it into a computer. You will then use the dekart program Sim Manager http://www.dekart.com/products/card_management/sim_manager/ It will retrieve deleted SMS messages on the SIM that have not yet been overwritten. They will then be available on your computer If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know. Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. IF you feel the need to rate "helped a little" or "I expected more", please stop and reply to me via the CONTINUE CONVERSATION button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Please remember the top 3 ratings are positives and this is how we are compensated. Rate my answer when you are satisfied. If you feel the need to rate low, please stop and reply to me via the REPLY TO EXPERT button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Otherwise, a high positive rating is very much appreciated, bonuses are great, and find me anytime for follow up.