Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I accidentally locked my cell phone and I don't have the unlock code

Customer Question

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
What is the model and make of your phone ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Model Z998 At&t
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Enter some incorrect password ***** it will ask you to use your Gmail account associated with it to reset the password. Use that gmail account to reset.If that didn't work, then you have to factory reset it. Unfortunately, this will remove everything from your phone and install a fresh version of software. There is no way to get back in to the phone without the factory reset. I'm really sorry but this is your only way. These phones are very secure.Follow the steps below to factory reset it.Turn off the phone.Press and hold down Volume Up and Power buttons at the same time.Android system recovery will be loaded now. Release the buttons.Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)Select Yes — delete all user data.Then select reboot system now and press power button.This will factory reset it. After factory reset, you have to setup it again. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Nothing is happening. In fact, the phone has not turned back on.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Remove the battery. Then hold down Power button and immediately hold down Volume Up button when it turns on. See this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YPuTtvFdhk
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Remove the battery. Put it back. Then hold down Power button and immediately hold down Volume Up button when it turns on. See this video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9YPuTtvFdhk
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm still trying to follow the directions but nothing significant is happening.The letters FTM are displaying. I didn't see that on the video.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
For some specific models, the combination is different. Try the steps below Turn off the phone.This time press and hold down Volume DOWN and Power buttons at the same time.Android system recovery will be loaded now. Release the buttons.Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)Select Yes — delete all user data.Then select reboot system now and press power button.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
FTM mode is to download the phone software from your computer. That is not recovery mode. Turn off the phone.This time press and hold down Volume DOWN and Power buttons at the same time.Android system recovery will be loaded now. Release the buttons.Select wipe data/factory reset. (Volume buttons to go up or down, select with Power button)Select Yes — delete all user data.Then select reboot system now and press power button.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but I feel this has been a waste. I've done what has been suggested and my original screen keeps coming back up. Nothing like the video has happened. I think you've just taken my money.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
No, I didn't take your money. It is sometimes hard to get to recovery mode. You will get full refund if I couldn't solve your problem. Please try again.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
If I couldn't solve your problem, you will get full refund. Turn it off. Remove the battery. Put it back. Press and hold down Volume Down and Power at the same time and does it boot to android recovery ? Please don't rate the answer bad or poor. If I couldn't solve your problem, I will request JustAnswer to refund you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll try again but I've taken the battery out several times and attempted the instructions but I'll try again.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It takes a little effort to boot it into recovery. Let me know the results please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm just going to have to take it to at&t. I thought this would be a quicker fix but it's not working.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I'm really sorry. Since I couldn't solve your problem, I will request JustAnswer to refund your account.
Please don't rate the answer anything to process refund.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Gave it one more try still getting "FTM" on the screen and then it goes back to my original display. I want rate you but how will I know the account has been credited and how long does it take?:
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It is booting into Recovery mode. That is not the mode we want. I just don't understand why the other mode is not working. Try this one last time. Connect the phone to your computer with the USB cable. Turn it off. Then hold down Volume Up button and then hold down Power button. Immediately after it turns on, release the Power button but keep holding down the Volume Up. Does it boot it into recovery ? No, you don't have to rate me anything since I requested for refund.
Expert:  Miel-cssm replied 1 year ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at***@******.*** and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (http://www.justanswer.com/cell-phones/97mjf-accidentally-locked-cell-phone-don-t-unlock.html). Thank you, ***** ***** Customer Support Team.