Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

I have an IPhone 6 registered with Orange in France. I

Customer Question

Hi! I have an IPhone 6 registered with Orange in France. I have sent messages without problems to many contacts. But I am trying to send one to a contact in Russia, and it keeps saying the message has not been sent and try again. The number I am using should be good as I have corresponded with this contact through Face Time. Whatdo you think is wrong? The contact also has an iPhone 6.
Thank you
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you. Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.If you call that number, are you able to get through?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Only tried it with Face Time and it works
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok.. but can you please try to call the number as face time does not work via phone numbers, and tell me if you an call it please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can't do that now
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, its the first step we need to do to ensure the number is ***** as this is going to be the issue, so let me know when you have please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
But I have + and country code 7 and 10digits which seems ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??????????
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
its the first step we need to do to ensure the number is ***** as this is going to be the issue, so let me know when you have please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry cant do that now. We have to drop it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have done it now and would like to get an answer and the help to silve my problem. Got an IPhone 6, registeed with Orange in France and i am in Portugal. I cannot send messages to another IPhone located in Russia. I can do Face Time with that phone and now have called it and it worked perfectly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
test
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have called the number as you asked and it works. So why can't i send a message?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Richard, are you going to answer?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Have you checked with your provider if you are able to send international text messages?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes. They are free in Europe. And I have sent many including to the U.S. But it seems that when I try to text a new contact, this Russian and Aldo one in Portugal to whom I talked on the phone I get this message : non delivered
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
have them text you then you reply to the actual text. Is it then able to be sent?Please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will try that but can you not see the reason for this?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
To make sure the number format you are using is correct.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It works for both face time and phone calls
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Yes, as I previously indicated, Face Time is seperate to this and does not work on the numbers.I want to see if they can actually message to you please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
That will take time again. I will try and come back if possible
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
thank you