Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Cell Phone Expert
62741268

Hydro icon stopped working, I was recharging and had tried

Customer Question

Hydro icon stopped working, I was recharging and had tried to use ear buds. Used phone a few more minutes while on charger then let it totally recharge. Nothing! I get a faint red light that fades out, nothing! Changes charges, took out battery and put back in, nothing! I love this phone and I desperately need it. Very hot and humid so I took out of outside case so it wouldn't overheat. Still nothing! Help!
( When I call the number I get a beeping/busy tone from landline), no noise from cell!
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Randy***** CellTech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. This sounds like you will need to reset the Hydro to factory settings in order to get it working properly again. Please follow these steps... remove/reinsert battery.
Then press and hold the Volume Down button then press and hold the Power button until the 'Kyocera' logo appears (approximately 10 to 15 seconds) then release.Volume down key and Power button
From the 'Android system recovery' screen (exclamation point with an android figure), select wipe data/factory reset.
Note Utilize the volume keys to highlight and the power button to select.
Select Yes -- delete all user data.
Note Allow several seconds for the factory data reset process to complete.
Select reboot system now.
Note Allow several minutes for the reboot process to complete.
Note To setup the device after completion of the factory reset, refer to Initial Activation and Setup.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Phone is still not turning on!!
I am very sorry to hear that, it sounds like the phones main board may have failed. It is also possible that the firmware has glitched. In either case you will need to have it repaired or replaced. What is the approximate purchase date please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't find my receipt, maybe a year ago?
okay, that will be good if it is 12 months or less. The Hydro has a 12 month warranty. Did you purchase at walmart or at Boost mobile, etc..?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
THE Boost Store, on Richfield Rd., Flint, MI
okay, you can return the phone to Boost store or call the Kyocera 800 number to get this repaired or replaced>To obtain warranty service, contact:Kyocera Communications, Inc.Attention : Customer Services for Wireless ProductsPhone : 1-***-***-****Web : http://www.kyoceramobile.comManufacturer's WarrantyKyocera Communications, Inc. ("KCI") offers you, the original purchaser who has purchased the enclosed subscriber unit ("Product") only from an authorized dealer in the United States, a limited warranty that the Product, including accessories in the Product's package, will be free from defects in material or workmanship as follows:A. ONE (1) YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY: For a period of one (1) year from the date of original purchase, KCI will, at its option, either repair or replace a defective Product (with new or rebuilt parts/replacements).B. LIMITED WARRANTY ON REPAIRED/REPLACED PRODUCTS: For a period equal to the remainder of the limited warranty period on the original Product or, on warranty repairs which have been effected on Products for 90 days after the date of its repair or replacement, whichever is longer, KCI will repair or replace (with new or rebuilt parts/replacements) defective parts or Products used in the repair or replacement of the original Product under the Limited Warranty on it. Proof that the Product is within the warranty period in the form of a bill of sale or warranty repair document that includes the date of purchase, Product serial number and the authorized dealer's name and address, must be presented to obtain warranty service. This limited warranty is not transferable to any third party, including but not limited to any subsequent purchaser or owner of the Product. Transfer or resale of a Product will automatically terminate warranty coverage with respect to it.This limited warranty covers batteries only if battery capacity falls below 80% of rated capacity or the battery leaks. Also this limited warranty does not cover any battery if (i) the battery has been charged by a battery charger not specified or approved by KCI for charging the battery, (ii) any of the seals on the battery are broken or show evidence of tampering, or (iii) the battery has been used in equipment other than the SANYO brand mobile phone for which it is specified.This limited warranty covers the Product only as originally supplied and does not cover and is void with respect to the following:(i) Products which have been improperly installed, repaired, maintained or modified (including the antenna); (ii) Products which have been subjected to misuse (including Products used in conjunction with hardware electrically or mechanically incompatible or Products used with software, accessories, goods or ancillary or peripheral equipment not supplied or expressly authorized by KCI for use), abuse, accident, physical damage, abnormal use or operation, improper handling or storage, neglect, exposure to fire, water or excessive moisture or dampness or extreme changes in climate or temperature; (iii) Products operated outside published maximum ratings; (iv) cosmetic damage; (v) Products on which warranty stickers or Product serial numbers have been removed, altered, or rendered illegible; (vi) customer instruction; (vii) cost of installation, set up, removal or reinstallation; (viii) signal reception problems (unless caused by defect in material or workmanship); (ix) damage the result of fire, flood, acts of God or other acts which are not the fault of KCI and which the Product is not specified to tolerate, including damage caused by mishandling and blown fuses; (x) consumables (such as memory cards, fuses, etc.); (xi) third party software or applications, data and equipment not originally supplied with the Product; (xii) any Product in which the software has not been updated to the current version; (xiii) any Product in which the operating system has been unlocked (allowing installation of a third party operating system); or (xiv) any Products which have been opened, repaired, modified or altered by anyone other than KCI or a KCI authorized service center. Before returning any Product for service, be sure to back up data and remove any confidential, proprietary, or personal information from the Product. KCI is not responsible for damage to or loss of any software, applications, data or removable storage media.This warranty is valid only in the United States. REPAIR OR REPLACEMENT, AS HERE IN ABOVE PROVIDED, IS YOUR SOLE AND EXCLUSIVE REMEDY FOR BREACH OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY. KCI SHALL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR ANY INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF PROFITS, LOST SALES, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF USE OF THE PRODUCT, OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS ARISING OUT OF USE OR INABILITY TO USE ANY PRODUCT (FOR EXAMPLE, WASTED AIRTIME CHARGES DUE TO THE MALFUNCTION OF A PRODUCT OR LOST APPLICATIONS).THIS WARRANTY DOES NOT COVER PRODUCTS SOLD "AS IS" OR "WITH ALL FAULTS". KCI MAKES NO OTHER EXPRESS WARRANTY WITH RESPECT TO THE PRODUCTS. THE DURATION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS EXPRESS WARRANTY.Some States do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, or allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.This limited warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from State to State.
Please let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!