Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My motorola model xt901 shut off on its own and I can't get

Customer Question

my motorola model xt901 shut off on its own and I can't get it to turn back on. any suggestions?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Your Motorola Electrify handheld device has presumably suffered a failure of its battery. This is the more likely if it is several years old, or older - rechargeable batteries do always fail eventually, esp. with periods of disuse.
However, it should turn On again, if you first plug the charger into the phone for 1/2 hour or more, and still have it connected to the charger after that interval when you try to turn it On. If, that is, the charger is one that plugs into the battery.
The other possibility is, that the charger has failed. Is there any sign whatever that power is getting to the phone? do you have an alternate charger to try?
The decision as to which, would depend upon factors you can tell me about, including:
- how old the phone is.
- whether the original battery is in it.
- whether the phone has had any periods of disuse, switched Off, for over 2 weeks.
- whether the charger cable shows any signs of strain, breaks, severe repeated bending of the cord, etc.
- whether either charger or cell phone have been dropped onto a hard surface or subjected to similar shocks.