Josh, Technician
Experience:  Cell phone expert
50836188

How do I set up my email add *****@******.*** (which is a

Customer Question

How do I set up my email add *****@******.*** (which is a Apple email add) on the new LG G4. Never had probs before.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Please provide the exact error message that you receive
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Login information incorrect...try again

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
What make/model phone do you have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The new LG G4

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
What incoming/outgoing and port settings do you use?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

imap/stmp/ssl/ssl

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Go back and check to see if you are using these settings: When asked for the IMAP server enter imap.mail.me.com.Your username is ***** ***** part of your @icloud.com address.Your password ***** be the same as your Apple ID password.Certificates should be set to SSL, or SSL (accept all certificates) if you're having issues connecting.The port number needs to be 993.After you've entered all the above information, hit next and you'll be taken to the setup page for the SMTP section for outgoing mail. Again, the key information is the same however your Email app looks, and here's the checklist: When asked for the SMTP server enter smtp.mail.me.com.Username and password ***** be entered as above.Set certificates to either SSL or TLS (again you may need to hit the option to accept all certificates). Personally, I had to use the TLS option.The port number needs to be 587.If asked about SMTP authentication being required, hit yes.
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard back from you in a while. Please let me know if you need help with anything else or if you have anymore questions. If you do not, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry to inform you, that I had previously did exactly what you had suggested and non of it worked. I finally downloaded what is called Sync for icloud...which is available as a free download thru apple or any app store. Thought I'd share this with you....apologize for not getting back to you sooner, have been quite the busy lady:)

Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for letting me know that the issue is resolved! If you would like to give me credit for helping you, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit
Expert:  Josh replied 1 year ago.
I have not heard back from you in a while -- If the issue is resolved, please rate our session as EXCELLENT, GOOD, or OK and press Submit so I am credited with helping you otherwise please reply back so we can continue with the issue.