John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+Yrs in the computer/electronics service industry
60674955

I WANT TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD ***** ID IN MY PHONE BUT CANNOT

Customer Question

i WANT TO CHANGE MY PASSWORD ***** ID IN MY PHONE BUT CANNOT REMEMBER WHAT MY OLD ONES ARE. i PUT MY bIRDATE IN MY PHONE AND IPHONE TELLS ME IT IS INCORRECT. CAN YOU HELP ME? i WANT TO WIPE IT CLEAN AND START FRESH??!!!!
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hello! My name is***** will work diligently to provide accurate advice and information.
Is the iPhone currently still usable?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I just can not buy any music or play games. anything that uses a password ***** ID
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, on the iPhone tap Settings then tap "iTunes & App Store" Do you see an ID listed there? John
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes I do see it. I went into Settings and tried to change my passwork and it wont except anything I put. Says they don't match.
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Ok, using the ID listed on your iPhone you should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/ enter your Apple ID and click Next.-Select Email authentication followed by Next.Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.enter your Apple ID and click Next.-Select Answer security questions and click Next.-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Next.- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:https://appleid.apple.com/ (Click "Manage Your Apple ID") If it works ok, restart your iPhone and try using the new password. John