Dustin, Technician
Experience:  5 years setting up CDMA and GSM networks, and repairing the devices that go along with those networks.
19897260

I had a very brief power shortage. All devices resumed to

Customer Question

I had a very brief power shortage. All devices resumed to normal with exception to my Verizon Network Extender. Tried unplugging and re-plugging both power and connection to router-wifi. Can't locate any kind of re-set button. What to do next?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Welcome, my name is ***** ***** I will assist you today!
Whats the full name brand and model of your Verizon network extender?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Samsung Verizon Network Extender
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
My apologies for the delay, I had written a much longer reply twice and attempted to send it, but it doesnt appear to have went through.
To continue, I need to know the status of these four lights on the extender.
Power System GPS WAN
Thank you,
Dustin S.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
None are blue.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Are any of them red? Or are all the lights off completely?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
They fluctuate. Top will go to blue for a while, Then back to magenta. Usually top thre are magenta, bottom is red.
Expert:  Dustin replied 1 year ago.
Understood. Im assuming that right now, the extender has been powered on and not unplugged for at least 15 minutes.. As for the first 15 minutes, the lights will alternate and flash magenta, blue, and off in succession as the device is making all the proper connections. If the device hasnt been on for 15-25 minutes solid without being unplugged, let me know. If it has been on longer then 25 minutes.. It sounds like the power drop damaged the device.. You may be able to have verizon swap it out.. Less than 1 year since purchaseThe device will be replaced at no cost. If it's been more than 15 days since purchase, it'll be replaced with a Certified Like-New Replacement (a like unit or one of comparable quality).Call(###) ###-####from a phone other than the one you're experiencing a problem with (toll-free from a landline phone) or visit a Verizon Wireless store to verify your eligibility. if you have further questions, let me know. Dustin S.