Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I just bought a Samsung Prepaid SAMS >my problem is I cannot

Customer Question

I just bought a Samsung Prepaid SAMS >my problem is I cannot receive calls. When someone calls, the phone rings once then disconnects. I can make calls out. I tried turning off Call Forwarding but nothing. *73send
I'm not sure if that is correct for Samsung
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think that some possible causes of the problem can be listed as follows:
1. your have been provided with a 'broken' phone - defective in some respect. This is hard to test except by elimination of all other possible causes, and by a test I propose below.
or
2. your account is configured incorrectly somehow. Contact your service provider and ask about this, is the only way (pretty much) to deal with such a possible cause of the problem.
or
3. your phone or your account has been assigned the same number as another phone... so briefly this phone rings, and then the call goes to the other phone. That was probably originally assigned the number, and has switching priority.
A test you should definitely go through: Call your Prepaid phone's number from another phone. Listen and hear, what goes on, and what you get through to, and any message on the line, etc.
- you may get voicemail.
- you may get a complete stranger('s voicemail) at the other end.
- you may hear interesting noises, and then hear the call go to a busy signal or an empty line / hang-up noise.
- or something else.
Note carefully what happens, let me know (even if it seems obvious to you, once you have done this test, as to what the matter is... I'd like to know what's wrong with your phone, for myself and for future reference. Thanks.)