Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My mobile phone is locked cant remember my password ***** have

Customer Question

my mobile phone is locked cant remember my password ***** have puk no
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
what is the model and make of the phone ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Motorola XT1022

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What exact password ***** ***** asking for ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

a password ***** screen says emergency calls only

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what more information can I give

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Tracy, if you don't remember the password ***** you have to factory reset it unfortunately. This will erase everything from it and there is no way to avoid this.
Follow the steps below to factory reset it.
Turn off your phone.
Hold down Volume Down and Power button at same time and this will boot into a screen with several options.
Press Volume Down button to go to Recovery and then press Volume Up to open recovery.
You will see Motorola Logo now.
So press hand hold Volume Up button for about 15 seconds (do not release Volume Up button after 15 seconds) and then press Power Button once or twice
Your phone will load Android Recovery.
Select Wipe Data/Factory reset with Volume down/up buttons and press Power button to confirm.
Then reboot your phone.
This will factory reset it. This is your only option. Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Only rate the answer after we solved the problem. If that didn't work, please reply instead of rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tried that now on screen I have a picture and screen say "No Command"

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
It will take a little effort to get it worked. Please try again. And this try this way;Turn off your phone.Hold down Volume Down and Power button at same time and this will boot into a screen with several options.Press Volume Down button to go to Recovery and then press Volume Up to open recovery.You will see Motorola Logo now.So press hand hold Volume Up button for about 5 seconds. You should an android lying.Press Volume Up and Power one or two times. Or just Volume Up or Power. That should boot into Android recovery.Select Wipe Data/Factory reset with Volume down/up buttons and press Power button to confirm.Then reboot your phone.See this Youtube video --> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCb6kGlcdKsLet me know how it goes.