Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

I was reading deadspin through google when it just went blank

Customer Question

i was reading deadspin through google when it just went blank and shut off. When I got home i plugged it in and it came back on after a minute or so. I went back to reading and it happened again a few minutes later. It was charged into the 30+% range this whole time. I plugged it back in and pressed both buttons and it looks to be back on, but I dont trust it.
Sorry so longwinded
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I also recently used FindMyPhone app to locate stolen work phone, was probably still signed in. Related?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's dead again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
For the love of . . . I just answered a call, but can't see the screen. I've restarted it 4x now, and the screen, functionality, etc all return, but doesn't last long
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is Richard.
To confirm, is this an iPhone or iPad?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
iphone 4s. It didnt shut down today but froze up a couple of times, but let me close out of the browser at least. Battery is draining way faster than normal now too
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Can you please hold the power and home buttons down for about 10 seconds, until you see the Apple Logo, then release.
Then let the phone restart and tell me please how it now operates
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'm doing that right now. I did that about 4 times yesterday, charging it all the way seemed to help the most. When I did that yesterday it would work for a few minutes, then shut down. As far as I can tell it's working normally again at the moment, but it seems to be a ... for lack of a better term, "Limit on usage" kind of problem
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, let me know the results please if it continues to have the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
ok thanks
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
your welcome