Randy***** CellTech
Randy***** CellTech, Cell Phone Technician
Experience:  Cell Phone Expert
62741268

My Nokia Lumina 520 is not ringing. I have the voume set

Customer Question

Hi. My Nokia Lumina 520 is not ringing. I have the voume set to 10 but the phone only vibrates when I get an incoming call. Please help!
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Randy***** CellTech replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. Go to Settings > ringtones+sounds. Under Ringtone, open a list and choose an item. Tap on a play button to preview the ringtone. Let me know if it plays through the external speakers please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy. I already thought of that - but I don't have a "play" button next to any of the ringtone options. I kow I did once but that option is not there now.
okay, that sounds like a glitch with the Lumias firmware. Try this please> Turn on the Nokia Lumia 520
Make sure the battery is fully charge or not empty
Go to menu: Setting > About > Reset Your Phone
If that does not work check for updates by going to Settings > Phone Update and tapping Check for updates.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy, I reset my phone - and lost all of my contacts! Still no ring sound when I called my mobile, the volume is set to 10. Then I checked for updates as you suggested, the phone is up to date - this was part of the reset. Sorry, but so far you've been no help at all.
try thes steps next please>Make sure that call forwarding is switched off: On the Start screen, tap Phone > ... > settings and switch Call forwarding to Off.4. Connect a compatible wired headphones. If the headphones work, disconnect them, restart your phone and continue troubleshooting the internal speakers.If that does not work then try the Lumia software recovery tool.Download and install Lumia Software Recovery Tool to your computer. If possible, make sure that your phone's battery is fully charged.Start Lumia Software Recovery Tool, and connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable. If prompted, select the correct USB mode on your phone: Nokia Suite or Modem.Follow the instructions shown on the tool.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, but that's all gobbledy-gook to me! I couldn't find call forwarding anywhere, much less turn it off. I have no idea how to download and install Lumia Software Recovery Tool to my computer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, but I don't have any headphones either!
you can download the tool and then connect your phone to your computer.>>CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD<< Download and install Lumia Software Recovery Tool to your computer. If possible, make sure that your phone's battery is fully charged. Start Lumia Software Recovery Tool, and connect your phone to your computer with a compatible USB cable. If prompted, select the correct USB mode on your phone: Nokia Suite or Modem. Follow the instructions shown on the tool.