Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

When I turn it on it starts to load mobile but it locks

Customer Question

When I turn it on it starts to load virgin mobile but it locks up and will not turn all the way on.
Category: Cell Phones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Help via Email or Text Message. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When turning on phone it starts to load virgin mobile then it turns off and will not not go any further.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for your question. My name is Richard.
Can you tell me the make and model of the phone please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
kyocera event
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Can you power off the device.
Then hold the volume up and power button until you get to a menu.
Tell me please if you can get to this menu
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
i cant get to the menu i only get to where virgin mobile logo with people dancing show up during startup and than the phone freezes
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Can you remove the battery from the phone and wait 5 minutes to drain all residue power.
Then put the battery back in and try to start the phone.
Tell me please if it now starts
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
can you call me on this number i cannot use my virgin mobile phone because it will only go as far as the load up of the virgin mobile app people dancing picture My phone number you can reach me on is(###) ###-####
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am not able to call sorry, but if my last instructions did not work it confirms the problem
It is the internal memory that has faulted.
A corrupted firmware can cause this. But we have ruled this out by trying to reinstall it. The fact that we cannot get to the recovery window, confirms it is the memory that shorts out, and causes the device to stall.
I am really sorry about this and you are going to have to return the phone to have it replaced. It will be covered by the warranty if this has not expired, and the replacement will be done at no cost to you.
I am really sorry about this, and if you have problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you