Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

Can it be possible to retrieve deleted text messages saved

Customer Question

Can it be possible to retrieve deleted text messages saved on an old “flip phone” from the late 1990s and what type of expert would be able to do that?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
If the text messages were stored on the SIM card and it is no longer available then there will be nothing to recover from the phone.
If the messages were stored on the phone before they were deleted, then it's still possible to retrieve it from the phone's memory using specialist software, such as MobilEDIT: http://www.mobiledit.com/forensic
If you need more information, please Reply, otherwise please take a moment to rate my service highly on this page or indicate your satisfaction, thanks!
If you have any difficulties let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for responding. How does one do the data retrieval even though the old flip phone doesn't have usb port? And are txt messages on old flip phones usually stored in sim card or the phone itself by default?
Expert:  Pete replied 1 year ago.
If there is no USB port on the phone, then there is usually a small service port inside the battery compartment, depending on which model you have.
The text messages on very old phones are stored in the SIM card by default.