Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

I have a LG 840G TracFone that up until a week ago

I have a LG 840G TracFone that up until a week ago was really suiting my needs. Now I have two issues and I am wondering what buttons I may have pushed to get it into the current state ? 1) I can't send new emails or reply to ones I receive.It says send failed try the outbox to resend. That doesn't work either and my Outbox has 15 emails in it. 2) I received a photo and want to save it in my phone. There is a blank file which s/b the photo in the Picture files but when I try to open it, it says the file does not exist !! I have tried the LG tutorials but without success. Help..... ASAP !! Pat XXXXRes. XXX-XXX-XXXX Cell XXX-XXX-XXXX

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to provide you with excellent service and answer your questions!

The first step is to properly restart the phone

can you remove the battery and wait 5 minutes

Put the battery back in, start the phone and tell me please if you still have the problems

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't wait 5 minutes,so let me retry it. Stand by

Pat

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks Pat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Still unable to send,reply or forward.What about resetting ? I am reluctant to delete my addresses ?

Pat

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Not yet the reset

Does the phone have internet?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have WiFi on the phone while in the house,but it doesn't work here or out away from it ??

Pat

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, that is the problem.

when did the internet stop working Pat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Rich

I am back and awaiting something else to try to get my Outbox cleared and I am able to send emails.

Pat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
I still am unable to send or forward emails or photos from my LG 840G and my Outbox has 16 emails in it.
I last heard from Rich at 4:23 PM today.
Please advise a of solution.
Thx
Pat
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi Pat,

Sorry about the delay

You say you can now send email? is this so? and you just have a few sitting in the inbox?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No I am able to receive but not send,reply or forward.My attempts end up in my Outbox.I have deleted them all (approx 20)

I left the battery out of the phone all night and tried it again this AM.

It says "Sending failed,try resending in the Outbox",which I have and with no luck ?

I went on line to inquire with LG for technical support and i ended up on your website.

It has been very frustrating and for $15 ,I thought it worth to get the help and get on with it.But it seems like no one knows the specifics of my phone ?

Please advise

Pat

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Pat

Who is your email service provider? and how long ago did this stop working?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The phone is a TracFone (pay as you go) and I am not sure ,but I think they piggy back on the Verizon cell lines. There is always a delay when retrieving emails.

I thought of calling TracFone but didn't think they could offer technical support for the phones ?

Perhaps I should call them ?

Pat

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Pat,

I am enquiring about your email provider as this is what you are having difficulties with.

Who is this? eg: @gmail.com that you are using on the phone?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My email address is :

XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

My TracFone # XXXXX XXXXX

We are in the Villages,Fl. an hour NW of Orlando.

Pat

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Pat, we block email addresses

This is why I request just the part AFTER the @ symbol please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it is ....gmail.com

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
are you able to log in at

www.gmail.com as it can be a problem with your password

please confirm

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No, I am getting my incoming mail on my phone and computer and I am conversing with you thru gmail at present on my computer.

I am almost sure it is a hardware setting within the TracFone for the outgoing emails.I am going to contact TracFone this AM to see if they can help me with the LG 840G settings.

Thx

Pat

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Pat

Open Email, go to settings, tell me the outbound server you have specified please

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I replied to your actual email with all the settings info.Please advise if you rec'd it.

Pat

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
No sorry I did not Pat, can you post it again please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

GMail

epcshelby

my password

XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Mailbox type:

IMAP4

then

Advanced settings are:

Incoming Mail server:

XXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Incoming Serve Port :

993

Incoming TLS/SSL:

SSL

APOP Seccure Login is turned off

Save to Server is turned off

Outgoing Mail server :

smtp.gmail.com

SMTP Port Number :

465

SMTP TLS/SSL:

SSL

SMTP Autentication is turned on

SMTP User Name

epcshelby

Then my password

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, that is the correct settings, the account on the phone may be corrupted.

Can you remove the email account from the phone.

Restart the phone and add the Gmail account back please

Let me know the results please
Richard, Technician
Experience: Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Rich- I think we have it fixed.

I reset the password XXXXX each of those incoming and ongoing setting accounts and and have sent emails back and forth to my computer and my wife's.

All looks good now and i will submit a satisfied rating.

Thx for your help !!

Pat

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Rich
I double checked the password that I changed last week (on recommendation
from GMail)

In settings the Mailbox type is IMAP4
Advanced settings is
Incoming imap.gmail.com
Incoming Server port 993
Incoming YLS/SSL is SSL
Outgoing Mail Server is
smtp.gmail.com
SMTP Port Number
456
SMTP/SSL
and the SMTP Authentication is turned on
And I have verified the SMTP password as to be the one I changed to last
week.
Now what ??

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
I am confused, is it working Pat?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I reset the password in each of the incoming and outgoing settings.I have sent test emails with a photo to myself and my wife and it is working.

I have sent in a good rating to your system

Thx for your assistance

Pat

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Pat

All the best and it was nice working with you

Richie