Brandon M.
Brandon M., Systems Admin
Experience:  Work with Blackberries, iPhones and Android devices daily for use with Exchange

I want to unlock my Pantech Pocket but have no google account

I want to unlock my Pantech Pocket but have no google account info, I would also like to unlock it from att
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 1 year ago.

BeBoo :

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

BeBoo :

For security reasons, if you cannot remember your code to unlock the device and you did not have a Google account for recovery, there is no way to unlock the phone. You will need to restore the phone back to factory which will delete all of your data. I can assist you with that, if you wish.

Customer:

i would like that

BeBoo :

Great, please follow these steps very closely:

Begin by powering your device off
Now press and hold the Home, Volume Down, and Power keys until an exclamation point is displayed next to an Android™ on-screen
Here press the Home key to view the Android system recovery options
Press the Volume Down to scroll to "Wipe data/Factory reset" and then press the Menu key to select
Now press the Volume Down again and select "Yes -- delete all user data" and then press the Menu key to select
When the "Data wipe complete" is displayed, select reboot system now

Customer:

the volume key doesnt give me any option, i got to the screen to reboot but no option to select yes

BeBoo :

Which screen are you at?

BeBoo :

Oh, the Data Wipe Complete? Select the Reboot option with the volume keys and press menu to select it.

Customer:

the screen that has the options to reboot but no yes option after i choose wipe data reboot system

BeBoo :

Did that work?

Customer:

still no yes option

Customer:

the screen just stays on the one with the android guy and exclamation point

BeBoo :

There should be an option that just says "reboot system now." Use the volume up key to select it and press menu.

BeBoo :

Oh wait. Let's start over. I just need to make sure you are doing it all the way through. You restarted the phone and you see the android. Do you see any text on the screen?

Customer:

done, does it take a while to reboot or should it be doing anything

BeBoo :

Should go black and then turn on like it normally does. Might just take longer than normal.

Customer:

yes i see the text with the options to wipe and reboot and other options as well

Customer:

it just goes right back to the android guy

BeBoo :

Ok, did you select the data wipe option with the volume keys and the menu key?

BeBoo :

(menu key is the one on the far left at the bottom)

Customer:

yes, i was hitting the dan home key. my bad

Customer:

its turning back on now

Customer:

back to too many pattern attempts

BeBoo :

Ah, that might be why. Ok, start the process over, use the menu key this time. Should be able to get further.

BeBoo :

AT&T also has a video if you would like to watch it/follow along.

Customer:

i would also like to unlock this phone from them so i can use it on a different carrier

BeBoo :

You will need to contact AT&T for the unlock code. They will give it to you for free.

Customer:

they will? the code that frees the phone from them

Customer:

yeah the phone is unlocked, thanx bro

BeBoo :

I hope I have been helpful in today's session. It has been a pleasure working with you. Should you wish to request me in the future, you can bookmark/favorite my profile page by clicking on my name. Please note that I do not receive compensation unless you rate at least 3/5. You may also provide a tip after rating, if you feel I deserve one (thank you in advance!).

BeBoo :

Yes, they will give you the code as long as your account isn't past due.

Customer:

thank you, XXXXX XXXXX accoount i have no idea about. x wifes bf's account. maybe i can get a code online

Brandon M., Systems Admin
Experience: Work with Blackberries, iPhones and Android devices daily for use with Exchange