Pete, Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My tracfone will not make phone calls. I get a message that

My tracfone will not make phone calls. I get a message that says "service unavailable". I have lots of minutes and full battery charge and lots of days left. What advice do you have for me. My serial # XXXXX XXXXX 125 001 841 247. When someone tries to call me they get a busy signal. My phone # XXXXX XXXXX Thank you. Nancy XXXXXX

Hello Nancy,
Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

When did you last successfully make a call from your Tracfone?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,Last sent a call Aug 31, 6 pm that went through. Sept l tried several times. Call could not go out or be received by me. Although phones of both party would ring. Today, I was able to make a call to a 320 area code and it went through. Just now I tried to call the same number and it did not go through.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
,
Hi Nancy,

It may be that Tracfone's network was temporarily unavailable due to maintenance.

If the problem persists, you can call Tracfone customer services on 1-800-867-7183
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We thought that was the problem being it is a Florida based phone being used in Minn and with the hurricane in the south. Therefore, being it was not a problem you could fix I do NOT feel I should be charged a monthly rate of $23 beyond the initial paynment. Therefore, please do not charge my account again for more payments. Your rating will depend on this action.

Hi Nancy,

Once you have finished rating my service today, I will ensure that your request to cancel any further payments will be sent to customer services :)

If you need anything else, just let me know.

Pete.