Pete , Electronic Engineer
Experience:  Over 16 years of experience installing and repairing electronics.
30970729

My tracfone will not make phone calls. I get a message that

My tracfone will not make phone calls. I get a message that says "service unavailable". I have lots of minutes and full battery charge and lots of days left. What advice do you have for me. My serial # XXXXX XXXXX 125 001 841 247. When someone tries to call me they get a busy signal. My phone # XXXXX XXXXX Thank you. Nancy XXXXXX

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hello Nancy,
Welcome to JustAnswer!
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.

When did you last successfully make a call from your Tracfone?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
,Last sent a call Aug 31, 6 pm that went through. Sept l tried several times. Call could not go out or be received by me. Although phones of both party would ring. Today, I was able to make a call to a 320 area code and it went through. Just now I tried to call the same number and it did not go through.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
,
Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Nancy,

It may be that Tracfone's network was temporarily unavailable due to maintenance.

If the problem persists, you can call Tracfone customer services on 1-800-867-7183
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We thought that was the problem being it is a Florida based phone being used in Minn and with the hurricane in the south. Therefore, being it was not a problem you could fix I do NOT feel I should be charged a monthly rate of $23 beyond the initial paynment. Therefore, please do not charge my account again for more payments. Your rating will depend on this action.

Expert:  Pete replied 3 years ago.
Hi Nancy,

Once you have finished rating my service today, I will ensure that your request to cancel any further payments will be sent to customer services :)

If you need anything else, just let me know.

Pete.