webpagesby22
webpagesby22, Technician
Experience:  I have over four years of experience solving problems with mobile devices

My Samsung Galaxy S has just stopped working. I have taken

My Samsung Galaxy S has just stopped working.
I have taken the battery out and fired it up again but can't get past go!
Just shows the Galaxy S symbol and seems to try to go further but nothing happens.
It shows the homepage briefly -my screensaver has disapppeared and when i try to sweep to unlock it just goes back to the original Galaxy screen.
Please help
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  webpagesby22 replied 2 years ago.

Give these steps a try. Let my know if you have any issues.

Turn the power off. If your Samsung Galaxy S is frozen, pull the battery out and reinsert it
Hold the Volume Down button
Press and release the Power button
You are now presented with a menu that allows for Fastbook, Recovery, Clear Storage, and Simlock
Select Clear Storage by pressing the Volume Down button
Press and release the Power button
Now simply confirm your decision: Volume Up for YES and Volume Down for NO
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't get the menu you mention when holding the Volume down button and pressing and releasing the Powere button.

Have you tried modifying the phone software in anyway like rooting?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
nope - haven't tried to modify the phone in any way. Don't know what rooting is.
I can't even use it for normal phone functions now. People trying to phone me just get my recorded message.Getting very frustrated
Have you had this phone for less than a year?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no - i bought it about 18months ago
What carrier are you with?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
vodafone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have now taken the phone to Vodafone to be repaired. Couldn't wait any longer
Ok

Did you get your phone issue resolved with Vodafone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
not yet. Have sent it back to Auckland. They say it will take about 10days to check it ou. In the meantime I am using a cruddy loan phone
Well at least you have a phone to use in the meantime and your phone is getting repaired. Just following up with you to see if you needed anymore help. I researched the issue with your phone but I was finding old links to the files needed to reload the software on your phone
webpagesby22, Technician
Experience: I have over four years of experience solving problems with mobile devices