Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

How can I recover deleted texts from my iPhone?

Customer Question

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 4 years ago.
Welcome!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

You will be able to recover only those messages deleted since the last synchronization with iTunes. The messages deleted before the last synchronization will not be recovered.

Did you ever sync your iPhone with the iTunes?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have I have synced it, but not today. The message I accidentally deleted was from this morning
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
How would I go about getting it?
Hi Jukie,

Thanks for the reply.

The answer to your question isn't going to be what you want to hear, so please don't shoot the messenger. For the reason that the message is deleted before sync you will not be able to recover that message. Only message deleted since the last synchronization can be recovered.

If you need more information or you are not satisfied with my help (my effort to help) please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service. Reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button.

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The message I want to recover was deleted since the last sync. How would I recover the messages deleted since the last sync
Great.

Please follow those steps to recover your deleted message:

1. You need to connect the iPhone with your computer with the help of a USB cord.

2. Once your phone is connected, do not allow your phone to automatically sync with iTunes. If the phone is automatically synced, you will no longer be able to recover the deleted text files.

3. Select Preferences → Backup from iTunes. You can even right-click on your iPhone device visible in the iTunes window and select choose back up.

4. You need to Restore the iPhone by selecting Restore. You will find this tab under Preferences. Remember, once you restore your iPhone, the previous iPhone firmware will be restored. Thus, you iPhone will be completely erased once the new firmware is installed. Therefore, make sure you have successfully created back up.

5. This the last step that will help you restore your deleted messages on iPhone. You will be asked a question, that says are you sure you want to restore factory settings? Once you hit the Restore tab, you will be able to restore your contacts, calendar entries, text messages as well as other settings.

The most important part of restoration is to be able to differentiate between iPhone data restore and iPhone firmware restore. If you select iPhone data restore, you will be able to restore the data that already has a backup on iTunes. This includes all your text messages, photos, videos, etc. In case of iPhone firmware restore, you will be restoring your system and have no user data. This option is only helpful if the iPhone operating system is having trouble.

If you have any difficulties please let me know. Please do not rate my answer negative BAD service or POOR service just reply to me using "Reply to Expert" button.

Thanks!
I hope that instruction I have given, allowed you to recover your deleted messages.

If you have more questions, you can ask me directly — that's what I'm here for!

Thanks!