Josh, Technician
Experience:  Cell phone expert
50836188

my cell phone wont send picture messages. Why???

Customer Question

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Hi! My name is Josh and I will be assisting you. Please rate my answer quality on the service that I provide. Let's get started!

Are you able to send regular text messages and receive them?

Also, can you receive picture messages?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I can send regular texts don't know about receiving pics
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Tracie,

Who is your cellphone provider?

Also, can you access the internet on your phone and browse the web?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
att and i don't have a internet plan
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Tracie,

You will need to contact AT&T and make sure picture messaging is enabled on your account.

Please call here ----> 1-800-331-0500 or 611 from your wireless phone

Let them know that you wish to send/receive multimedia text messages on your account.

Please remember to only rate my answer when you are 100% satisfied. Please note you are rating my help and not the site or the solution only my help. If you feel the need to rate "POOR SERVICE" or "BAD SERVICE", please stop and reply to me via the Reply To Expert or Continue Conversation button with the issue you have. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok so I have always had pic messaging and all i did was buy a new phone and put my sim card in it. when i bought the phone that's all they said i had to do. everything else works but not pic messages
Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Tracie,

That is correct. It sounds like there is a block on the multimedia(picture) messaging that needs to be removed. Please use the number above to resolve the issue quickly!

Expert:  Josh replied 4 years ago.
Hi Tracie,

I noticed that you rated my answer as 'Poor service' which is a negative rating and stops me from getting compensated.

Were you unable to resolve the issue?