Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years

Why is my phone not sending text messages?

My phone will receive texts but will not send them - instead of appearing in my "Sent" box they go straight to my "out box" When I try to send a red diagonal line appears through the symbol between the battery charge symbol and the pulsing arrow telling me it is trying to send. I've had the phone for about 18 months and never had a problem before -- any idea?

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Can you remove the battery from your phone and wait 5 minutes? Put the battery back in and try sending a text. If you still have the problem, can you double check with your provider that you have not had the service disabled or you are not out of credit (if you have a pay as you go contract)? If this is not the case and you still have the problem, please let me know the make and model of the phone and your cell provider.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Have just discovered phone was dropped - not by me - so I think it's a new one for me
Thanks anyhow