Josh, Technician
Experience:  Cell phone expert

Can I restore my iPhone without losing priceless pictures on

Can I restore my iPhone without losing priceless pictures on it?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi! My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you. Do not forget to rate my answer quality and press Submit before you go. Let's get started!

Are you trying to factory restore your iPhone? Please explain your issue in more detail
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is demanding that I do a restore through iTunes
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
If you see this message:

graphic

Select 'Set up as new phone' and press Continue

The sentence is misleading and will just allow you to rename the iPhone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The pictures are on a friends phone and they are of her son who just tragically died. I CAN'T lose her pics. For a big tip or an extra charge would you call me and walk me throughe it?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Hi John,

I cannot call you but I have given you the quick steps to get around that message.

Please select the option 'Set up as new phone' - It will not erase any pictures. The verbage by Apple is very poor and does not actually set up the phone as brand new.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
When the iPhone is turned on the only thing that appears on the screen is a USB cable pic leading to the iTunes icon. When I connect the phone to iTunes on the computer, it recognizes it as a phone in the middle of restoration. If I say continue with restoration it warns me that all my data will be lost
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Just to confirm - You cannot use the phone at all to call out, etc?

Did anything recently happen to the phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Correct. No. Nothing happened to the phone. The message just appeared.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Did she recently upgrade to OS5?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I think that is what I am being asked to do. I do not believe the os was recently updated
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
John,

Can you confirm with the other person if they upgraded to OS5 or recently allowed an update?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She is confident that she has not made any upgrades recently.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
Has she backed up her data on iCloud?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
She turned on photo streaming after the photos were taken. They were not streamed to her iPad, but we don't know ifs they were sent to cloud.
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
John,

I would suggest that she takes the iPhone to a local Apple store who can attempt a recovery with their software.

Please click here ---> www.apple.com/buy/locator/

She can locate a store close to her
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Since it is Sunday they are not open. So you can't help me, correct?
Expert:  Josh replied 2 years ago.
John,

Apple will be the place to go so you do not lose the priceless photos
Josh, Technician
Experience: Cell phone expert