Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Cell Phone Tech.
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service
63849745

IM TRYING TO ADD AIRTIME TO MY TRACFONE CELL PHONE. IT DID

I'M TRYING TO ADD AIRTIME TO MY TRACFONE CELL PHONE. IT DID HAVE UNDER THE PREPAID SECTION 'ADD AIRTIME'. FOR SOME REASON WHICH I DO NOT UNDERSTAND THAT OPTION IS NO LONGER ON MY CELLPHONE. HOW COULD IT HAVE DISAPPEARED? AND HOW CAN I GET THAT BACK ONTO MY PHONE SO THAT I AM ABLE TO ADD MY MINUTES?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

What is the full brand and model name of your phone?

Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IT IS A TRACFONE-SAMSUNG.
Hi Pat,

Thanks for the reply.

What is the model of your Samsung cell phone?

Check at the back sticker under battery for phone model.
Remove the back cover and battery from your phone and look on the IMEI label. Your model number will be printed somewhere on this label. Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
IT IS MODEL:SGH-T301G (TF).
Did you perform factory reset of the phone? That process will delete all data and reset the phone back to the state before you turned on the phone for the first time.

If you provider (TracFone) didn't change software option for adding airtime this should work.

1. Press the left soft key to access the menu, then select "Settings" and "Reset Settings".

2. Highlight the "All" option and press the "Ok" key to select it.

3. Press the left soft key to choose the "Reset" option, then press it again to select "Yes".

4. Enter your phone's security password. If you have not created one of your own, the default password XXXXX "0000."

5. Press the left soft key to select "Ok" and the phone resets.

Please let me know if that works. If not, I'll provide you with the next step. Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI TODD, I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR TIME AND EXPERTISE. I FOLLOWED THE INSTRUCTIONS YOU GAVE ME. EVEN DID IT AGAIN JUST TO MAKE SURE. I HAD HOPED THAT IT WOULD WORK, BUT I STILL DO NOT HAVE 'ADD AIRTIME' BACK UNDER THE PREPAID CATEGORY.

PAT
Thanks for the reply Pat.

That option (provider Menu) is encrypted by TracFone. If they change the option in their system that can be problem because your phone do not have option "add airtime". Did you ever have that option on your phone or you bought phone with that issue?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
HI TODD, BELEIVE IT OR NOT THIS IS THE FIRST TIME IT HAS EVER HAPPENED.
I'VE HAD THIS PHONE FOR AWHILE NOW AND HAVE ALWAYS BEEN ABLE TO ADD MY MINUTES. THAT'S WHY I WAS SHOCKED TO SEE THAT THE 'ADD AIRTIME' WAS NO LONGER THERE SO THAT I COULD ADD MY MINUTES. IT'S A PREPAID TRACFONE.
I JUST MAY HAVE TO BUY ANOTHER CELL PHONE. I ONLY HAVE 8 MINUTES LEFT.
I HAD BOUGHT MORE YESTERDAY. I WILL CALL TRACFONE AND HOPEFULLY BE ABLE TO TALK TO A REAL PERSON AND SEE WHAT THEY MAY TELL ME. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR TRYING. YOU HAVE BEEN VERY HELPFUL.
Pat, you don't need to buy new phone. There is a option to add airtime online on the TracFone website, try it before you contact TracFone customer service again. Please check the link below:

Buy airtime online. Select "Buy Online".

Then use the link below to add airtime online:
Add airtime
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I WILL TRY THAT. THANKS AGAIN.
You're welcome.