Carl L
Carl L , Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
27991594

When I connect mySamsung xcover gts5690 to the pc it displays

Customer Question

When I connect mySamsung xcover gts5690 to the pc it displays that installing device software "TAVOR OBM". On the phone it displays Samsung xcover gts5690 with a black screen and nothing happens from there.

PC details.
Installed kies
Reinstalled Samsung USB driver software
Unable to find the ph in the device manager under USB
Can't be found in my computer under devices either

Can u help me please
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome to Just Answer. My name is Carl and have worked for Sprint and AT&T and have been repairing Cell Phones Professionally for 10+ yrs.

Are you using Driver Software that came with the Phone or a download from the internet?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, thanks for taking the time.

Details of cell phone:

Samsung Galaxy Xcover GT-S5690
Android 2.3 gingerbread

There was no driver software that came with the phone. Having read the manual that came with the phone basically stated to go to the Samsung website and download it from there.

FYI.

I've had the ph for a couple of months now a few things were happening of recent which I thought was minor such as end task processes would pop up and the ph very slow to open up any apps or even contacts etc. I would do a hard reset to correct the problem temporarily. So playing it safe I would back my ph up using Kies. There were a few connection problems as well like the Kies program lagging and unable to close the program at all even though i disconnected my ph.

Finally having synced the phone and everything working fine there was an update which I used Kies for and the process of the update I thought was a pretty straight forward procedure. I left the update to happen while I was out for a few hours came back see PC and ph frozen.

I restarted PC and ph. PC ok. Ph booted and did not get past the samsung logo with the black screen. With USB connected to the PC the installation of the device driver software displays TAVOR OBM. Tried these possible troubleshooting options:

3 Combo button: holding the power+menu(home)+volume up/down
Reinstalling Kies/Samsung drivers
Using different pc ph not recognized
Device mangager under USB and other hardware

What are my options? Recommendations most appreciated

Thank you once again
rewi.newton

Expert:  Carl L replied 4 years ago.

The good thing is that I too am a Samsung Android Owner and show ALL the same issues that your describing and can tell you that your doing nothing wrong. I have the Galaxy Indulge that I bought in 12/2011 and have nothing but problems. It will be my 3rd Android in 12 months. The issue isn't with the phone, it's the software "Android". Google isn't patching the Android Software like they should, instead they keep coming out with newer versions. You can expect to have to backup the phone and restore it to factory about every 3 months. The drivers that you'll need is the Samsung Package. I have a copy on my server that you can have here: www.selecttronix.com/Samsung.zip.

This will install the drivers that you need. Hope this helps my friend.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hello sir,

I've proceeded to run the installation process all a success.

When the ph is connected via USB to PC, its not showing up in PC device manager or the bottom right corner at all for some unknown reason.

Im still not having any success with the ph itself still having the samsung xcover gts5690 with black screen.

Any other ways of getting around this issue?

Thanks

rewi.newton

Expert:  Carl L replied 4 years ago.
The phone itself wont show up as an Icon. It will simply just be an installed device. The phone can be read in two ways. Samsung Kies or Mass Storage Device. Does it ask you which method you want to use when plugging in the USB? Is this the OEM USB Cable that came with the phone?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What you have mentioned before Im not getting nothing at all and thats using the USB cable that came with the phone as well.
Expert:  Carl L replied 4 years ago.
When you plug in the phone into the Computer, does the phone begin charging?