Brandon M.
Brandon M. , Systems Admin
Experience:  Work with Blackberries, iPhones and Android devices daily for use with Exchange
12024030

How do I move the all apps/phone bar back to the bottom of

How do I move the all apps/phone bar back to the bottom of my HTC EVO home screen?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Brandon M. replied 4 years ago.

BeBoo :

Hello and thank you for contacting JustAnswer, a paid expert support site. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be glad to assist you with your issue.

BeBoo :

You wish to put the apps back along the bottom bar, correct? Do you have apps already there or are they blank spaces?

Customer:

I want to put the bottom bar back. I was taking pictures and some how I shifted the all apps/phone bar to the right of the home screen.

BeBoo :

If you tab and hold, you should see boxes appear and you should be able to drag it down to the bottom

Customer:

I have tried that and it does not work.

BeBoo :

Are there no boxes to drag it to? Does the app icon not move with your finger?

BeBoo :

Have you tried to do it from the App Drawer (tap the ^ to see your apps. Tap and hold on the one you want and it should take you back to the home screen - put it down in the tray.

Customer:

If you look at a picture of an EVO, it is the "bar" at the bottom of the home page. (it has the "all apps" button, picture of a phone and the plus sign. When I try to drag it, it does not allow me to put it in the "trash can". It does not even register that I am trying to do any thing. I am not talking about adding or deleting an app. I want to put this bar back at the bottom of the screen instead of it being on the right side vertically.

BeBoo :

Oh, ok. I understand now. Have you tried to restart the phone? Take the back off the phone and remove the battery for 30 seconds, then put the battery back in and turn the phone back on.

BeBoo :

Let me know if the problem still exists.

Customer:

Ok. That fixed it. Thanks. But what did I do to make it move the bar in the first place?

BeBoo :

It's apparently a known bug in the software that HTC is aware of. Since your phone is no longer a currently model, they probably won't release a fix for it. If you get it again, do the same thing to remedy it..

BeBoo :

If you are satisfied, you can click Accept in the bottom-right corner. Please be sure to leave me feedback and a tip if you feel I deserve one. Have a great rest of your day.