Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself

why is my android saying my text memory is full when i have

Customer Question

why is my android saying my text memory is full when i have no messages in there. its also saying my phone space is low but i have most of my apps on my 32gb memory card and the card itself has over 28gb left. please help
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Is it saying specifically that your "Text Memory" is full?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes. and i have recieved 10 or more messages that has been rejected because its saying the text message memory full
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Ok, this should work, but if not, it at least narrows down the issue for me and tells me what it is (which we do not want it to be).

1. Open the Settings App
  2. Choose Applications
  3. Choose Manage Applications
  4. Tap on the All Tab at the top
  5. Locate and tap on the Messaging app
  6. Tap on the Clear Data button (your devices data will not be deleted, only the data in this app)
  7. Tap on the OK button to confirm.
  8. Reboot the device

If you have any further questions or this solution does not resolve the issue, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button(and the Smiley Face if prompted Laughing) if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
restarted and a message tried to come through but it said the same thing as before
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Ok, then what that tells me is that the data is corrupt and you are not able to clear it, and its stuck at a system level and the system thinks its full. The only way to fix that, is with a reset... but its not as bad as it sounds.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account. Any apps you have paid for, you can get back after you reset the device by opening the Market, pressing Menu on the phone and choosing "My Apps".

I recommend you go to http://google.com/contacts on your computer(with the same google account thats on the phone) then check all your contact groups to make sure the contacts are synced(if not, ask me about contact backup instructions).

As far as any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

If you need to know how to reset the phone, just let me know.

Eric, Android Expert
Experience: 3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how do i reset the phone?
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Can you tell me the make and model? This way, I can give you the true reset method.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
its a android G10
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Ok, for that one our only option is going through the settings. Open the Settings App, choose Privacy, then choose Factory Data Reset. You will want to press OK if it asks you to confirm deleting all data.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
how would i re sync it afterwards?
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

As I mentioned, if you sign back in with the same Google Account, anything that was synced will be resynced. You can get your apps back (paid) from the Market without paying again also. And, if you needed help backing up contacts, after you check google.com/contacts as I mentioned, I will tell you how to do it.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
my phone is telling me that i dont have wi-fi or a network connection
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Is it still giving you this error?