Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Cell Phone Tech.
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service
63849745

i have a xperia play phone, but the touch screen is not working

i have a xperia play phone, but the touch screen is not working and i can't unlock it, everything powers up just won't unlock?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

What kind of the touch screen lock you have (pattern lock, personal phone lock or PIN)?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
just the the first screen , slide to unlock i can't get to the pattern lock.
Try this please:

- Remove the SIM card, then remove battery, wait a 30 seconds and then reinsert battery and then reinsert SIM card, then hold the power button for 30 seconds.

Please let me know if that works. If not, I'll give you another option. Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
no, its still not unlocking
Another option is factory reset. This will probably help if it's not a hardware issue. Unfortunately, resetting the phone DELETES ALL DATA, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state.

Please tell me what is the model name of your xperia? (for example: x10, play, pro, ray, neo etc)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
its a xperia play
1. Hold the Left and right buttons located beneath the display
2. Press and release the Power button
3. Follow the on-screen instructions to hard reset your Sony Ericsson Xperia Play.

This should help if it's not a hardware issue, but this procedure will DELETES ALL DATA, including downloaded applications, and resets the phone back to its initial state.

Please let me know if that works. Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it goes to phone options screen, silent mode, airplane mode, power off, take screen shot, is that the screen i should be at, also my screen times out after a short time
Turn the power off, then repeat the procedure please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
how do i turn the power off..do i just hit the power button or do i try to turn off on phone options screen, cos it times out on me and in phone options screen the touch screen is not working or can i scroll down and turn it off somehow?
Just hit the power button and turn off your phone. Then follow procedure above, you will get on-screen instruction, select factory reset option to reset your phone.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i'm holding left an right buttons below screen, hit the power button but its just going to my initial start screen no factory reset option..am i doing this wrong, this phone's driving me nuts, i'll have another go.....hey i don't mind paying you, but i may take it to the shop...i'm probably too stupid, or i may smash it to pieces and get me something else.
That's not your fault. Like I already said if nothing of this works, there is probably hardware issue. In that case the only option is to contact the shop/provider because your phone needs to be serviced and/or repaired.

If you are satisfied with my answer, please do not forget to click "Accept" button, as this is the only way I am credited for helping you.

Thanks for using JustAnswer!