derrickonline
derrickonline, Information Technology Manager
Experience:  15 years of information technology experience, including mobile computing devices.
22792886

Why do my phone turns off and on by itself?

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  derrickonline replied 4 years ago.
What is the make and model of your phone?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Samsung galaxy s2
That's a great phone, I owned one myself before going for the Galaxy Nexus. Anyhow if your phone is constantly restarting this is due to one of 2 reasons.

1. Your phone is running a custom rom and/or kernel and most likely the kernel is overclocked and undervolted. If this makes no sense to you, then most likely this isn't your issue since you would have had to install a custom rom or kernel. If you don't know what that means most likely you didn't do that. :)

2. The most common reason is you have an app installed that isn't playing well with your phone. Unfortunately this can be a pain to troubleshoot as you'll need to go one-by-one removing apps you installed then using the phone for a while until it reboots or works. This is a process of elimination. I would start with the most recently installed apps then work my way from there.
Experience: 15 years of information technology experience, including mobile computing devices.