Kriptokrit
Kriptokrit, Cell Phone Tech.
Experience:  Over 6 years of experience in Electronics support service
63849745

Why cant I receive pictures on my lg500 tracfone? I used

Customer Question

Why can't I receive pictures on my lg500 tracfone? I used to be able to, but no longer can.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Kriptokrit replied 4 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer!

My nickname is Todd and I will be the expert working with you today to help resolve your problem.

Do you have problem receiving MMS pictures on your phone?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I cannot view pictures sent to me in a text message from anyone else. If I forward a picture that I took to myself from my same phone, I can sometimes view the picture. I used to be able to view pictures, but now I get a message saying "message exceeds size" or "oversize," even though the pictures are not that large. When I try to view the picture, my minutes vanish and so does the picture before I can view it. I can send pictures to others.
MMS limit size is up to 1MB (500KB limit on the most carriers). The maximum file size for MMS varies from device to device. LG500 have 3 megapixel camera and can send/receive a maximum file size of 600 KB. If you want to open larger picture than 600KB that can be problem.
1. Ask your friend to send you picture with size under 600KB to check if that work.
2. Send picture to your friend, and ask him to send you the same picture back.
Slow internet connection can be problem too. What kind of connection you use?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
My friend sent me a picture that was 200KB and I could not view it. I received more than one, none of which I could view and they were all under 200 KB. I sent a picture, which my friend sent back to me that I could view. It was only 65KB. The problem does not seem to be with the transmission. I receive the text with the picture, but when I try to view it, my minutes disappear along with the MMS and I get a "Maximum size exceeded" message.
Seems that there is nothing wrong with your phone. There is a probably problem with the TracFone network. They charged MMS you are not able to get.

You should to contact TracFone at 1-800-867-7183, where one of TracFone customer service representatives will assist you resolving that problem.