Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
32989067

I have a Samsung GT-E2550 slider mobile phone. I want to download

I have a Samsung GT-E2550 slider mobile phone.
I want to download photos to my laptop.
Samsung usb driver does not work.
Kies does not recognise the phone.
PC Studio will not install - tells me I don't have rights but I am the administrator!

What can I do?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
on PC Studio, right click on the install file then select Run as Administrator

It should then install, if not please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It is my home computer but I am at work now. So cannot try it until 7.30 pm - about 6 hours from now. It sounds good - I had not thought of doing that.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
sounds good, let me know how it goes please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

You were correct. By clicking on "run as administrator" I got PC Studio to install.

But..

Still does not connect to the phone. Get connected tells me there is a problem with the usb connection.

I can get into Phone browser but it is empty - see nothing.

Phone is set to PC Studio 7 mode.

Also tried "mass storage" mode but cannot see any files.

Is there some other setting I need?

Would the USB cable be wrong? It fits. But it is for another Samsung phone.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
the cable should be ok.

Do this please then test

Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Windows Firewall.

Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. If you are prompted for an administrator password XXXXX confirmation, type the password XXXXX provide confirmation.

Click Off (not recommended), and then click OK.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Turned off firewall but no difference.

Downloaded a different version of Samsung PC Studio and installed it.

Set phone to PC Studio - get nothing.

Set phone to mass storage.

Laptop seems to connect to the phone but can't see any files.

Tells me to insert disc in drive E - this does not make sense.

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
no it doesnt,

To see if the phone or computer is faulting, are you able to do this on a different computer for a test?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Cable and phone and laptop are working.

The crap Samsung software is the problem.

And their crap instructions to set the phone to PC Studio!

I installed three different versions of PC Studio. But no go.

Then I had a flash of genius.

The programme said insert the card in drive E:

I had a microSD card from a DS Lite game - it fitted the phone.

I put it in - copied the photos to the card in Images -> copy to memory card.

PC Studio then read the card!!! I got my photos onto the laptop.

I have wasted several days searching the internet, installing and unstalling PC Studio, trying several suggestions from the internet, I contacted Samsung who did not even reply.

Samsung do not even list this phone in their support or download pages! That is helpful.

But in spite of them, I got my photos.

Last point. Have you got your money. Or do I have to do something?

Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Good to hear!

Yes Samsung support is not the best, XXXXX XXXXX least we got it working

Once you click Accept then I receive a % of the deposit you initially paid (nothing more)

If you are happy with my service, please press Accept and take care! else let me know

All the best
Richard, Technician
Experience: Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years