OK, unfortunately you will have to reset it to get in. However, you shouldn't lose your images/videos because they should be stored on the SD Card in the phone and not on its internal memory. You can verify this by taking out the SD Card and attaching it to your computer, where you can then browse the files like any USB thumb drive or external hard drive.
As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account.
Any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.
To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:
- Remove the battery.
- Replace the battery but do not power the device on.
- Hold down the Volume Down button then press the Power button. Hold the Power button for 2 seconds and release it without releasing the Volume Down button.
- Your phone will boot into hboot mode.
- Follow the instructions on screen to navigate through the options.
- Choose "Clear Storage" (sometimes named 'Wipe Data / Factory Reset')
- Confirm your choice and wait for the device to do the rest of the work.
- When the device reboots, follow the on screen instructions to setup your new device.
If you have any further questions or this solution does not resolve the issue, please feel free to let me know...
Please press the Accept Button if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!
Visit HelpWithAndroid.com and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.