Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

how do unlock my htc cell gmail without the username or pssword

Customer Question

how do unlock my htc cell gmail without the username or pssword will not let me reset without recovery email...only have 1 and its not working?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Which make and model phone is it?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
i really cant tell you since i cnt get n2 the phone i jus know its a htc at&t phone touchscreen my account is still shown the phone i hd before 4 some reason so i cnt tell u the actual name, sorry but ive done everything and google or gmail wont let me change anything...its locked frm 2 many attempts at the pattern...i dont want 2 reset and lose all of my pictures and videos plus my contacts! pleze help!!!
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

OK, unfortunately you will have to reset it to get in. However, you shouldn't lose your images/videos because they should be stored on the SD Card in the phone and not on its internal memory. You can verify this by taking out the SD Card and attaching it to your computer, where you can then browse the files like any USB thumb drive or external hard drive.

As long as you have a Google account synced to your device, your contacts, calendar, etc. will be re-synced to the device after you run the initial setup again as long as you sign in with the same Google/Gmail account.

Any data that is stored on the SD Card(images, music, etc.), it will not be erased. Only the phones internal memory is formatted.

To complete a Factory Reset follow these directions:

1. Remove the battery.
  2. Replace the battery but do not power the device on.
  3. Hold down the Volume Down button then press the Power button. Hold the Power button for 2 seconds and release it without releasing the Volume Down button.
  4. Your phone will boot into hboot mode.
  5. Follow the instructions on screen to navigate through the options.
  6. Choose "Clear Storage" (sometimes named 'Wipe Data / Factory Reset')
  7. Confirm your choice and wait for the device to do the rest of the work.
  8. When the device reboots, follow the on screen instructions to setup your new device.

If you have any further questions or this solution does not resolve the issue, please feel free to let me know...

Please press the Accept Button if I have helped you today so I am credited for my time assisting you. Pressing Accept does not cost you anymore, and only by you pressing accept am I compensated. Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it! Positive Feedback and Bonuses are not expected, but are always appreciated!

Visit HelpWithAndroid.com and bookmark the page so you can get me directly with any questions in the future.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok one more thing when i reset can i take the sim and the sd card out so it doent tke wats on there off the only reason im sayn that is becuz when i switchd phones b4 it didn hav all my pics or videos just some of them and none of my contacts or do i have 2 leave them in there...also once i push accept will it only charge me the 15$???
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

You can remove the SIM and SD Card yes. Anything thats on the internal memory will be deleted, but even if you left the SD card and SIM in the phone, they wouldn't be touched. I can tell you this or certain, as I have worked on the development of the Recovery Image that is used in Android phones, and know that it doesnt touch the SD or SIM. However, EVERYTHING thats on the internal memory will be wiped.

Also, yes, you will not be charged anything additional when you press accept, the only thing that does is give me credit for helping you so I am compensated, but your $15 deposit is the only charge you will get.

Eric, Android Expert
Experience: 3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
wow i did it it went thru all u said and its still locked...come on??????
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Ok, if you went through the reset and its still locked, then the reset wasn't successful and/or you didn't do it right(not to be mean, this happens a lot).

Please make sure you follow the steps right, and you see the process going.

You will see lines of text on the screen saying:

wiping data

wiping datadata

wiping system data

and at the end you will see that it was "sucessful". If you dont see any of this, then you just rebooted the device and didn't reset it. Please try again

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

ok it worked thnx a couple mre /s does it matter if i set up an acct with google 4 contacts mail nd calendr settings bcuz ther ll gone arent they?or can i use other mail acct nd use my yahoo? do i hav 2 use google?

Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

If you sign back in with the same Google account that was on there before you reset it will sync the data back(contacts, calendar, etc.), plus any apps you paid for you can get back for free.. you just need to sign in with the same Google account.

You can add a Yahoo account yes, but you have to setup a Google account because thats what the phone associates with the Android Market and also what it uses to backup your data.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok yea that was the problem from the start couldnt remember my user/email or my password so will i still hav my contacts u think?
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Actually, the problem was the phone. Even if you did know your gmail account and password it wouldn't have worked. Its a problem with HTC's model Android phones (they updated it and fixed it in the newest version) when people got locked out, even if they knew their passwords it wouldn't accept it and unlock the phone.

If you can find a way to sign into gmail.com on your computer and reset the password, then you can add the account back to your phone and you will get your contacts back, as well as be able to get any apps you paid for with that account.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
o wow ok 2 confusing so i wont hav anything but wat may b on my sd card which wasnt all there when i switchd 2 this phone this suks eggs badddd! thnx 4 everything i thnk im done with the ?s hopefully!
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.

Its ok, I can understand the frustration.

If you have any more follow-up questions dont hesitate to ask me, even if they seem trivial to you!

Also, in the future if you need anymore help with anything Android related you can get me directly by going to http://helpwithandroid.com

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
ok got 1 its not letting me n fb with my yahoo email wich is how i got n b4 do i need 2 use the new gmail 2 get in since its on the phone or would it let me in thru yahoo email if i had put it 4 a secondary email?
Expert:  Eric replied 2 years ago.
Can you be a little more specific?

What do you mean by it wont let you into FB, are you using the FB app? If you are, you need to sign in with the same information you use to sign into facebook.com on your computer.