Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years

dell streak will not power up past the dell logo

dell streak 7 will not power up past the dell logo
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,

You will need to hard reset the device unfortunately

1. Open the slot cover that houses your SIM and memory cards.

2. Next to the SIM card slot, look for a small pin sized hole.

3. Stick a paper clip into this hole, and then press until you feel the reset button click slightly.

It should then start, if not please let me know

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done that several times. The tablet will not go past dell logo. If I depress power, volume down key it goes to a black screen with red lettering describing tablet information, white lettering that says "starting fastboot USB download protocol" I plugged th tablet into the laptop and it says found new hardware, fastboot but nothing else happens.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, if it is finding hardware and not working on a hard reset then a component on the device has faulted.

I am very sorry, but you will need to take it in for a warranty replacement has the issue is related to the hardware and not the software.

If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to contact me.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK my wife dropped this tablet 2 weeks ago it cracked the front glass case but not the screen the tablet has worked fine until the other day is it possible this is a delayed problem or dropping it would not cause this sort of problem. I'm pretty sure dell is going to reject any warranty because it has been dropped, unless this was not caused from a drop.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
I think the drop cracked a circuit, then it overheats and causes permenatly damage (you wouldnt feel this level of overheating).

I am 99% sure this is the cause, so you are correct, this will be an issue for warranty sorry.

Repair may be an option, but there is a chance it will cost more then a new one. I would contact Dell and look at the warranty (you should still try) and if not the repair options.

If you have any additional questions, please let me know
Richard, Technician
Experience: Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years