bamurphy3, Customer Service
Experience:  Over two years experience in servicing Android, and Apple devices, as well as other wireless

CELL how can i extract text messages deleted from lg rumor

Customer Question

how can i extract text messages deleted from lg rumor I have gone to  "send message", select "text", then add entry. You will see a few options to select from. Select "From recent list." This will show the last 20 recipients. Select the first name, it doesn't matter. Click "next", this will take you to the "message" screen. Hit "mode", then "recent messages". This will show the last 10 messages sent from the phone. The first person on the "From recent list" was the last person to receive the first message from the "recent messages"  I need more then just the last 10 messages though it is extremely important
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  bamurphy3 replied 4 years ago.

bamurphy3 : Hello, I can assist you. Unfortunately if the texts have been deleted, the only way To recover them is through your wireless provider. Unfortunately they make it difficult to do this, actually requiring you to provide a court subpoena. This is provided to the legal department and then they can get you an texts that have been transmitted
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i understand that and have been down that road with the legal department however they say that they dont save them I have the phone and can retrieve the last 10 deleted text messages so I am thinking that there has to be a way to get more then the last 10 deleted messages
Expert:  bamurphy3 replied 4 years ago.
I apologize as I have been I and off flights all day. Who is your provider? If it is a contracted service they are legally required to save the messages. Once again I hate giving bad news but this is the ONLY recourse to have. There is no place within the phone that these messages still exist
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I have been back and forth with Sprint for a few weeks now and they continue to tell me that there is no way to retract these messages as they dont keep them even with a suponea
Expert:  bamurphy3 replied 4 years ago.

Hello, I have been researching your issue further. I found this link that indicates Sprint does NOT save text data, only the phone number and time stamp, and only for up to two weeks. Sounds like what they told you was correct.

The only texts you will be able to retrieve are those that you can manually find like you have been doing. So it appears that the most recent twenty are what you have access to.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
you are providing me information I already had so not sure why I am charged for this information?
Expert:  bamurphy3 replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes there is no way to get the solution you desire such as in this case. I cannot make the text messages available when they don't exist. I do apologize that we cannot provide the answer that you want. I actually do not get paid unless you select accept, but your balance resides with just answer. You can request a refund if you would like, and again I apologize that you are not able to recover the text messages you were seeking
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
well sorry you cant help me but i am not paying for info i already had thanks anyway