bamurphy3
bamurphy3, Customer Service
Experience:  Over two years experience in servicing Android, and Apple devices, as well as other wireless
63551569

I am unable to make a telephone call on my new Tracfone cell

I am unable to make a telephone call on my new Tracfone cell phone. It is activated, has airtime minutes displayed and a phone number. The ability to make a call is absent in spite of calls to Tracfone Services. I have had reports from other cell phone users that small cell phones are not all dependable to use in our area. My question remains: Is there a device that would make airtime calls possible with my Tracfone? Is there such a thing as a cell phone antenna or tower to enable the cell phone to make a call?
If not, which higher technological call phone made by Tracfone would be recommended for my area? I live in zipcode area 49950.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  bamurphy3 replied 2 years ago.
The first thing to try is a battery pull. If you haven't tried it, that usually will do the trick. If not , there is an issue with the phone or the programming. Try reprogramming the phone after that with the programming phone number issued by Tracphone. Also, try going into settings, then phone security and toggle any call restrictions to none.
bamurphy3, Customer Service
Experience: Over two years experience in servicing Android, and Apple devices, as well as other wireless
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
A question about another higher technological cell phone to use in my area was not answered. Tracfone may have a better cell phone to try but I do not know the model to look for. It was mentioned that only cell phones on a Verizon wireless plan have worked in my local area and a change to our wireless service may be coming in 6 months time with the addition of two cell phone towers.
Thank you for information about procedures to make a call when the phone is not working. My phone works but not in our area, a "dead zone", for cell phone use. Somebody at Walmart in the electronics department might have suggestions knowing our zipcode and conditions. I won't question you further on the subject of a device to make a small Tracfone function in my home area.
Thanks again!
Charlotte
XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX
Expert:  bamurphy3 replied 2 years ago.
Thanks and good luck
bamurphy3, Customer Service