Ashik, Cellphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

How to log out gamail on samsung galaxy s II

Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name isXXXXX hope i can help you.

Is the Gmail is setup with the Gmail application or Mail application ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
yes gamail was setup with my gmail id, now I wanted to logout and change to another gmail id.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
In your Galaxy S2, how did you logged to Gmail account ? Through Gmail App or through Browser ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
through email app, other wise I would have logged off thorugh browser.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Okay...There are two emails apps. One is the normal Email App and other one is Gmail app ? Which one ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, is there any differenc between them? I logged in when I was installing android app, not sure which one.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Yes, there is a difference. The normal Email app have 'Mail image with @ icon' and other Gmail app have the Red M icon ? Which one is yours ?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have already replied when I was logged in Please see the above reply
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
I did. But i want to know in which application did you setup the Gmail. Then only i can give you the correct steps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
to install any android application it askes gmail account, when I was installing first android application it asked me to login to gmail account it did not show the white or red mail icons.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Ok...You can't logout from the Email client. Instead you can remove it. You can easily add it back again later if you want.

In your phone, goto Settings > Applications. Tap Manage Applications. Tap All tab. In there, scroll down to Email and also Gmail. Tap Email and click Clear Data button, then do the same for Gmail. This should remove the Gmail from your phone. Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after we solved the problem.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
when I cleared off data and tried to install app it is saying now need to login again, I guess that is because I have already changed the password.
As per your answer if I wanted to change the id no need to change the password XXXXX? or just clearing data will log off the mail account?
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
When you sign to your Market for apps, you will be also signed to Gmail automatically. If you change the password XXXXX next time you use anything on your phone, you will be asked to update your account.