Richard S.
Richard S., Accounts and Device Specialist
Experience:  5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network

I cant make calls with my cell phone, always says "call failed".

I can't make calls with my cell phone, always says "call failed". I can receive a call every once in a while, but most incoming calls go straight to voice mail. I can receive some texts, but most of the time can't reply. This has been going on since Tuesday, November 15. 2011. Please tell me what is wrong!
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard S. replied 2 years ago.

Hello and sorry for the trouble that you are having. Please try the steps below in this EXACT order.

Remove the battery and SIM (if you have on, varies by carrier) from the phone and wait 20 seconds, then, with the battery still out, plug it into your wall charger, then place the battery and SIM back in and turn the phone back on.

If it works, please click Accept as that is how I get credit. If not, let me know and we will keep working on it. Bonus NOT necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

PLEASE DO NOT leave Negative feedback! If you need more help PLEASE just reply to this question and I will keep working with you!
Experience: 5 years working with major US carriers in billing, contracts, devices and network
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Phone is an iphone 3gs. How do I remove battery and sim?

Oooops, with a iphone you have to do it differently.

Hold down the sleep/wake button at the top of the phone AND the Home Key. Hold both of them down at the same time for at LEAST 20 seconds or until the phone resets When you see the silver Apple logo, release the buttons and immedietly plug the iphone into either your wall charger or the USB cable connected to your computer (to provide a power source.)

It can take a couple of minutes for it too boot backup, but it should work after that.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Still nothing, saying no service. A network problem? Now it is searching for service. Been thu this many times in the last few day. Will have service until I try to make a call or text, then immediately goes to "searching" or "no service."

Hmmm, have you tried taking the SIm out and putting it back in? There is a little tray at the top of the phone, use a bent end of a paper clip to pop that open, take the SIM out, then retsart the phone again like you did earlier, when the silver apple appears on the screen put the SIM back in adn see if it works. If it does not it could be a network issue, or, if the SIM is old (2 or more years) then it could be that the SIM is failing.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

Oh, never mind. I don't see a tray, don't have a paper clip. Don't want to go that far into it anyway. Phone and SIM are less than 3 months old. I'm tired of messing with it tonight. Will call At&t tomorrow.

Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX replying even tho it hasn't fixed the problem. Have a good night!!

Ok, so sorry I could not help! Best of luck!