Richard, Technician
Experience:  Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years

My hotmail on my iphone will receive emails but not send.

My hotmail on my iphone will receive emails but not send. The apple shop have tried to help me but say it is a hotmail issue. I phone hotmail today and was re-routed 5 times still being sent through to a department that claimed it was not the appropriate one to support me. This is all at a cost of £1.58 per minute or there abouts. It has now been 15 minutes and a little upset that I was being re-routed again I expressed my dissatisfaction at the service and was hung up on. I was an angry but not abusive customer.

This is a disgraceful service. I have been with Hotmail for many, many years. If I can't contact someone who can help within the next 24 hrs I will move my email account to another provider and I will write to every customer site I can find to express my utter despair atthe service hotmail provides. It is not good enough. Why should I pay for advice when the hotmail customer service has already cost me getting on £20 and I still don't have any support. If there is anyone capable of giving me some help to sort my problem I would be grateful for the advice.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Hi there and welcome.

Go to the iPhone email settings, select the account and then scroll down to the Outgoing Mail Server settings, click on the SMPT settings, then on the primary SMPT server, you will see that there is a field for password, . click on the password XXXXX and enter your hotmail password XXXXX this should solve your problem.

If you still have difficulties, please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done as you suggested but it won't verify and says there is a connection problem. I have tried again but nothing appears to be happening. Anything else you can suggest?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
When you get the connection problem, are you able to get internet on the phone? as this is generally the cause for the connection issue
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The internet is working but the message that came up before said:
"SMPT live.com is not responding check
your network connection and that you
have entered he correct info in
Outgoing Message Server field"

I have tried the password XXXXX times and this keeps appearing?..
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, can you check and make sure the server address is smtp.live.com as in your message it appears incorrect. Make sure it is set like that and let me know if this is the case please
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes it is smpt.live.com.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok than you will need to do this via IzyMail (you get this in the app store)

To do this follow the step by step instructions here please

http://email.about.com/od/iphonemailtips/ss/wt_get_hotmail.htm

Once completed you should than be able to send the mails via this, if not please let me know
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot find IzyMail in the App store. Why may this be?
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
ok, it has just been removed.

You can also use this app

http://fluentfactory.com/mboxmail/

Which provides the same solution
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
This app is not free. Is there a free app that can help me? So far I have paid more than £1 per minute for more than 15 mins of being re-routed to five departments, none of which were the right support department, I am happy to pay for your advice, but now it seems £6.99 for an app which I can't be sure will fix my problem. I don't see why I should pay all of this for a basic hotmail function to work. Is this the only solution? My alternative is to shut down my hotmail account in favour of another.

I do appreicate your support. I also need to go out so may not be able to respond much till tomorrow.

Px
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
You can request a refund for the app if it does not work.

To retrieve the refund you would do the following

Launch iTunes
Click the iTunes Store
Login to your iTunes account
Click on your email address in the upper right corner
Click on ‘purchase history’
Select the app you’d like a refund for
Click ‘report a problem’
Fill out the form detailing your grief and issues with the app

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Will have a go and get back to you later. Thanks so far.
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
no problem, let me know how it goes please
Richard, Technician
Experience: Cell / Smart phone problem solver for over 15 years
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The app works and I am ver y grateful. I have no prblem paying for your helpful advice. However, I am still angry at the uselessness of the call centres and being put through to five different numbers, none of which could help me and some which were not even related to hotmail or iphones. For that reason I am hapy to pay some but not all of the fee. However, you were wonderful!

Patricia
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Patricia and all the best