Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark , Cell Phone Engineer
Experience:  Cell Phone Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
40218039

I got a Iphone 3g and it was working ok with a straight talk

Customer Question

I got a Iphone 3g and it was working ok with a straight talk sim card, the only it wasn't working was the MMS, for that reazon I jailbreak that phone, but after that, stop to make calls, internet and messages. I restore back the phone and It was fine again. I jailbreak again with the same result. Now I restore back for second time. why this happen?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

The iPhone was not designed for StraightTalk. I'm surprised that it works at all. The jailbreak modifies a lot of the native settings on the iPhone. More than likely the APN is being redirected or the carrier file is being corrupted. There isn't really any documented information on how to get the iPhone to work on StraightTalk. The most I have ever seen on StraighTalk with an iPhone is voice calls. That is the most you are going to get.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I made a coworker's Iphone work everithing with straight talk included MMS after jailbreaking but it was a 3gs with firmware 4.3.3 after follow this instruccions http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php/1691930-HowTo-StraightTalk-and-iPhone!-Everything-you-need-to-know-to-make-it-work!

This page said it's posible on the 3g but I don't why after jailbreaking stop to work

Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 4 years ago.
I'm going to opt out to allow another expert to assist you.

Good luck.