Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself

my internet stopped working on my phone. When I click the browser

Customer Question

my internet stopped working on my phone. When I click the browser button (or any other that requires internet access) nothing happens
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for asking your question.

What phone brand and model do you have? Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Blackberry Torch

OK. I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you. You will receive an email when another expert takes your question. The new expert will see all our previous thread, so no need to explain the issue again.

Thank you
Expert:  Charles replied 4 years ago.

Hello, My name is Charles and I will try to assist you in solving your issue.

How old is your BB Torch and are you trying to set it up new or has it been in use??

Looking forward to your reply.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Almoast two months old. i have been using it. Have used the browser in the past, but two weeks ago it decided not to work anymore. Still getting charged for having internet, so i'm not sure what happened
Expert:  Charles replied 4 years ago.

Ok, Your not alone. Right now Black Berry is having a HUGE isse with the phone reliabillity. You should take the phone in to the service provider and have them run diagnostics on the phone to determine if its a bad phone before spnding to much time trying to fix it yourself. chances are that the phone is defective or has software isses.

Have you tried to do a system update on the phone yet??

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

yes. it just keeps "checking for updates", but never states if there are updates to download or no updates at the moment. It will just keep running for hours if I let it. I'll take it in to be serviced. Didn't know there were so many problems with this model.

Expert:  Charles replied 4 years ago.

Its not just this model, it has been BB in general. Something to do with the software. Not all were affected, but allot were.

What carrier is it??