huebelhoer
huebelhoer,
29701876

When I send an email from my Android phone, the header says

When I send an email from my Android phone, the header says that it's from "me" instead of my name. How do I change this?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  huebelhoer replied 2 years ago.

Hans Uebelhoer :

hello my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you today

Hans Uebelhoer :

Can you please tell me what android Phone you have, what mail app you are using (if it is the built in one tell me that also) and who you email provider is.

Customer :

Hi Hans,

Hans Uebelhoer :

Hello

Customer :

I use the built in mail app, and my phone is the Droid 2.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Please open up the mail app, so that you are looking at your mail (dont actually open any of you mail just go to the first screen that opens when you open the mail app)

Hans Uebelhoer :

Let me know when you are there

Customer :

Ok, it's open to my inbox

Hans Uebelhoer :

ok now press on

Hans Uebelhoer :

the menu hardware button on your phone

Hans Uebelhoer :

then select "More"

Hans Uebelhoer :

Tell me when you get there

Customer :

my choices are 'select all' 'compose' 'refresh' 'folders' 'change view' and 'email settings' I pressed on "email settings'

Hans Uebelhoer :

Yes email settings

Hans Uebelhoer :

Now what choices to you see. Do you see general settings

Hans Uebelhoer :

If you see General Settings Click on that

Customer :

no general settings. Instead 'notifications' 'email delivery' 'read options' 'list view options' 'compose options' display suggestions' 'default email account'

Hans Uebelhoer :

I would check each of them one at a time, as every android is different, but I would start with Compose options. What you are looking for is the option called Signature

Hans Uebelhoer :

Once you find that, you need to click on it and type in whatever you want you mail to say instead of "me"

Hans Uebelhoer :

It wont be in notifications

Hans Uebelhoer :

It may be in Email delivery, read options, list view options, or compose options

Customer :

Yes, under 'compose options' I have the chance to create a signature, but I've left that blank. And my problem is with the header of the email messages. The 'compose options' also gives me the chance to change fonts, etc. but nothing related to how I am identified in the header.

Hans Uebelhoer :

So does you email get sent out to others with "me" at the top?

Hans Uebelhoer :

I think what you might be referring to is the account name. we can change that

Customer :

Yes, it says "me" at the top.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Ok, once moment

Hans Uebelhoer :

And that only happens when you send from your phone?

Hans Uebelhoer :

Or does that happen when you send from your computer etc...

Customer :

yes, only when I send from my phone

Hans Uebelhoer :

Ok one moment

Hans Uebelhoer :

Ok so I know what we need to change

Hans Uebelhoer :

open up the mail app again and we need to to to email settings

Hans Uebelhoer :

And do you see an option for account settings

Hans Uebelhoer :

brb 2 minutes

Customer :

there is a setting for "default email account" which I have set to "besskanecpa.com" nothing else looks relevant: 'notifications' ' email delivery' 'read options' 'list view options' 'compose options' (which only addresses fonts and signature)and 'out of office'

Hans Uebelhoer :

What we need to do is go throught the setup steps again (which you did when you originally set up the account on your phone). Now you dont need to change any of the mail info but when you get to the end of the setup process you will see a box called "your Name" You need to change that From ME to your name

Hans Uebelhoer :

Who is your email provider? Gmail?

Customer :

Oh, I found it! I went to general settings for my phone, then to account settings, then to my email account, and there it was.

Customer :

Thank you.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Ok great, I am glad

Hans Uebelhoer :

Is there anything else I can do for you today

Customer :

I think the problem is fixed! thank you.

Hans Uebelhoer :

Thank you for using Just Answer. Please remember to hit Accept if you feel that I have helped you otherwise I will not get paid for my time. Also, positive feedback and bonus's are greatly appreciated. If you have any follow up questions, I am more then happy to answer them as well.

huebelhoer,
Experience: