Helpdesk, Technician
Experience:  BSc H.Dip Apple Certified Professional

My contact list on my iPhone has mysteriously disappeared,

Customer Question

My contact list on my iPhone has mysteriously disappeared, but they still appear on my gmail account on my computer. Any suggestions on how to get my contact list reinstated on my phone?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Noisebox replied 4 years ago.

Greetings, I will be helping you solve your issue today!

Only hit the Accept button if my response helps resolve the issue, otherwise reply and we'll continue.

Plug your iphone into the computer and go into itunes. Select the phone from the left hand window in itunes. In the middle select the info tab, then put a check mark by contacts, now select the option to sync contacts with gmail (you need to select the drop down menu) -Picture below of my itunes

Now scroll down to the bottom and make sure this box is not checked...(picture below)

If you have received a satisfactory answer to your question, click the Accept button below.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok, so I tried to check the synch contacts box and a info box popped up that says, "iTunes will no longer synch contacts to the iPhone. Would you like to remove contacts previously synched to the iPhone?" Yikes!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Relist: Other.
I'm short on time and need to leave soon. While Adam helps another customer I'm wondering if another expert can help me?
Expert:  Helpdesk replied 4 years ago.

You can export your Google Contacts file, and import into Windows Address Book.

Then you can set iTunes to sync from there, and you'll pick them up on your iPhone.

PS Please bookmark this page if you want to get back to this answer again.