derrickonline
derrickonline, Information Technology Manager
Experience:  15 years of information technology experience, including mobile computing devices.
22792886

how can i get my touch screen to work again

how can i get my touch screen to work again?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  derrickonline replied 4 years ago.
I'm not sure what model or brand phone you have but I do know it's touch screen therefore if it's not responding to touch, I hae some bad news.

You did all the basic troubleshooting steps, if the screen is still not working it's most likely a bad digitizer.

Touch screens are made up of several layers. The LCD and the Digitizer. The digitizer is what responds to touch.

If the digitizer goes bad, your phone no longer responds to touch even though everything looks perfectly fine on the screen.

Depending on the model and brand phone you have, you can usually purchase a replacement digitizer and do it yourself if you're technically inclined. Or have it sent to a repair facility that specializes in it if you feel safer. Of course your first option would be to check with your carrier to deterimine if the phone can be replaced under insurance or warranty.

If you'd also like me to locate some digitizers for you, or a repair facility, please let me know the brand and model, as well as your country.

Not the answer you want to hear, but it's the unfortunate truth. I see this every day.