Engineer John C. , Cell Phones Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified
23822421

Ive locked MYSELF out of my iPhone---must have miskeyed passcode

I've locked MYSELF out of my iPhone---must have miskeyed passcode entry. This is my phone. I've tried contacting Apple by phone and on-line. For lost of reasons, no luck. Now what?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 4 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for asking your question.

Please remember I do not receive a salary from this company. I am an independent Computer Science Engineer with more than 10 years of experience working with Apple devices, and now working here. The only way for me to be compensated for my time is when the customer (You) click the Accept button when satisfied. Thank you for your help and understanding.

OK, we need to put the iPhone in DFU mode, then restore it from itunes.

Please make sure the iPhone is connected to your computer with the USB cable and iTunes is open on your computer, then please follow the steps below to put the iPhone in DFU mode.

Click here -----> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bITIiGswjFI to see a step by step video to put the phone in DFU mode

When the iPhone is in DFU mode (iTunes will say it to you), then right click the iPhone icon under "Devices" on the left of iTunes (on the computer) and select Restore. Then select the newest backup and restore it.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit / debit / or PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John C.