Cell Tech
Cell Tech , Cell Technician
Experience:  Smartphones, iPhone
30013869

My iPhone stopped working and went black. What do I do?

My iPhone just stopped working -- it went black, wont turn on, nothing on the screen, nothing at all. One minute it was working, I ended the call -- did not turn it off, just put it back in my purse as usual and the next time I went to use it, it was blank. There was nothing unusual in my purse, no sprays, water, nothing. This happened Monday afternoon and I tried to let it sit, tried to plug it in, nothing. Any suggestions? Has this happened to others recently? I have only had the phone since February.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Cell Tech replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Try this first:

-Unplug the iPhone from the USB cable connection (if connected).

-Press and hold the Home AND the Wake/Sleep buttons until the Apple Logo appears (about 15 seconds).

• The On/Off, Sleep/Wake button: This button is on the top of your iPhone, and you use it to put your iPhone's screen to sleep or wake it up.

• Home button: It's on the front of the iPhone (large round button near the bottom).

It should reboot and resume normal operation.

Reply back if that does not fix it.