derrickonline
derrickonline, Information Technology Manager
Experience:  15 years of information technology experience, including mobile computing devices.
22792886

hi, my samsung galaxy keeps turning itself off. I have already

hi, my samsung galaxy keeps turning itself off. I have already done the factory hard reset. what else can i do to try and fix it before i have to take it back for a return please?
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  derrickonline replied 2 years ago.
I'd be more than happy to assist you. Typical a phone that sporadicaly restarts is usually caused by one of the following.

1. An app that's crashing the phone. You can troubleshoot this be determing thinking about what apps you may have recently installed/downloaded. Then try removing it to see if the issue continues.

2. You may also have an issue where the cover and battery are too loose thus the battery sometimes looses contact.

3. May just be a faulty phone, though I suspect one of the above.

Hope that leads you in the right direction
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Battery and cover are not an issue. I went there before the factory reset. Apps maybe, any ideas of which one is infamous for this problem? I have 57 apps, mostly from at&t though.
It's hard to say, it can be any number of apps causing the issue. There's not one that's infamous per say but crashes on a phone most always point to an app you have installed. I suspect it's not the AT&T software, it's probably a 3rd party application you installed from the market.

If you factory reset and the phone doesn't crash. You know it was an app you installed. You can then install your apps back one by one, wait, and see if you can narrow it down.

Not a fun process, and yes it's long and tedius but it's the only option.
Experience: 15 years of information technology experience, including mobile computing devices.