Cell Tech
Cell Tech, Cell Technician
Experience:  Smartphones, iPhone

iphone4 frozen with itunes and usb icon

iphone4 frozen with itunes and usb icon
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Cell Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Add this page to your Favorites/Bookmarks first, so as to get back to me anytime later on, if needed.

Let's try to reset the iPhone first.

-Unplug the iPhone from the USB cable connection.
-Press and Hold the Home and Wake/Sleep buttons UNTIL the Apple Logo appears (about 15 seconds OR longer).

It should reboot and resume normal operation.

Reply back if that does not work.
Cell Tech, Cell Technician
Experience: Smartphones, iPhone
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi rick did you get that last reply
Expert:  Cell Tech replied 2 years ago.
Hello-

Apparently I did not. Would you mind resending please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi rick we tried to reset the iphone and it is still frozen
Expert:  Cell Tech replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

The iPhone will need to be restored then.

You may need to update your iTunes if this does not work (link for latest iTunes:http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/ )

Connect your iPhone to your PC and open iTunes.

Locate your iPhone under devices, right click and select "Restore".

You should be able to restore with your last back-up.

Complete the restore and your iPhone should be operational.

Reply back if that does not work.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi Rick
i did the itunes download but my phone will not come up in devices .if i plug another phone in it will come up as a device .
thanks Mark
Expert:  Cell Tech replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

Can you provide me some history on this phone.

ie-when it was functioning properly. what caused it to fail. was it ever dropped and/or does it have water damage...

Also, has it been Jailbroken?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi Rick
the phone is about 12 months old and i have had it from new it was working fine until it was connected to itunes and i clicked on an itunes update,it has no water damage and im not sure what jailbroken means
Expert:  Cell Tech replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your reply.

So are you saying that the current state is a result of a failed update of iOS?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
hi Rick
yes it seems to be the update from itunes that did it
thanks Mark
Expert:  Cell Tech replied 2 years ago.
Thank you Mark-

Here's the next step:
  • Connect the iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes
  • Turn the iPhone off (hold down the power button at the top of the iPhone)
  • Hold down the sleep/power button and home button together for exactly 10 seconds, then release the power button
  • Continue to hold down the Home button until a message appears in iTunes telling you an iPhone in recover mode has been detected
  • iphone itunes dfu mode

• When you are in DFU mode your iPhone screen will be completely black
  • Proceed with the Recovery
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

HI Rick

it has gone through recovery and because my connection is slow it is still syncing so havent been able yo unplug it yet but it all looks good

thankyou Mark

Expert:  Cell Tech replied 2 years ago.
Fine business Mark.

I'm glad I could help! :)

And, I Thank you!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

thanks again its all good

mark

Expert:  Cell Tech replied 2 years ago.
Great Mark.

Thank you for updating me too. I appreciate that.

Take Care.