Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Cell Phone Engineer
Experience:  Cell Phone Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
40218039

I have new TracFone LG and I would like to activate it with

I have new TracFone LG and I would like to activate it with my old TracFone Samsung number and days and minutes. I was told by the sales person that all I had to do was to charge the battery and swap the SIM card. I only get SIM card rejected, with either card. Old phone not reliably picking up reception.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

The salesperson was incorrect. You will need to contact TracFone by phone and request that your new SIM card be enabled with your old TracFone. You must do this on the phone to verify your TracFone serial number and your SIM card. You can do this by calling 1-800-867-7183.

TracFones, by design, are made to work with one SIM card at a time. This is because it is a prepaid phone and it is how the company TracFone keeps money in their pocket. There is no other way to do this.

Let me know if you need further assistance.