Eric, Android Expert
Experience:  3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
57442719

process motorola service main error message.

I am getting the process motorola service main error message. How to fix it? I have a droid 2x which is the global phone.
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Hi and thanks for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do whatever I can to help answer your questions.

Can you tell me the exact error you are getting, and what you are doing when you get the error?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
process com.motorola.service.main, pops up all the time
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

The issue is with your email account. Do you have an Exchange or Work Email Account setup on the phone?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have several email accounts personal and work. I can remove them all if need be and reenter.
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Thats the best bet, but we need to take one extra step after deleting the accounts. The issue is caused by corrupted data in the cache of the email app itself, and theres no way to know which account caused it.

Remove all email accounts by going to Settings > Accounts & Sync > and removing them from this menu.

Now:

1. Go to settings
  2. Choose Applications
  3. Choose Manage Applications
  4. Tap on the 'all' tab at the top
  5. Locate and tap on your email app
  6. Tap on 'clear data'
  7. Pull the battery from the phone, dont even leave the screen, just pull the battery.
  8. Insert the battery and reboot, this will force it to clear the cache.

After you add the accounts you shouldnt have the issue again. If you do, try using a different email app like K9 Mail, or MailDroid.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask. If not and I have helped you today Please press the Accept Button so I am credited for my time Assisting you! Please don't leave negative feedback, If something isn't working let me know and I will continue working with you to resolve it!

Positive Feedback & Bonuses are not necessary but ALWAYS appreciated!!

Click here and BOOKMARK the page to get me directly with ANY questions in the future! HelpWithAndroid.com

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am doing this, sounds logical give me a minute
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

No problem, keep me posted Wink.

Eric, Android Expert
Experience: 3 Years as an Android Developer, Complete detailed knowlege of all Android Devices and the OS itself
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will do
Expert:  Eric replied 3 years ago.

Any luck?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
just settled in to complete your suggestions. If I clear out all the data will that wipe everything out like it didn't exist or when I log it back on it will have the old database