Daniel P.
Daniel P., Wireless Consultant
Experience:  Extensive experience with AT&T and Alltel/Verizon in areas of tech support and consulting!
48810790

Motorola Droid 2 My smartphone wont turn on and doesnt show

Customer Question

Motorola Droid 2
My smartphone won't turn on and doesn't show any screen display when put on the charging doc. When I last had a display (a few days ago) it was in the process of downloading a bunch of large podcasts. Could the volume have blown the memory and if so is the existing battery permanently dead or can it be revived? If I replace the battery with a new battery do I have to start over on all the podcasts I had previously downloaded? Thx
Category: Cell Phones
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for choosing JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'll be happy to assist you.

You can try to perform a hard reset of the device. If this doesn't work, then you may have a more extensive hardware problem which needs repair or replacement. Here's how to perform the reset:

Power down the DROID 2 by holding the power button and then selecting Power Off
Hold the X key on the keyboard and turn the power back on, keep holding down the X key until you see a yellow triangle icon
Now close the slider and hold down the Volume Up button, then press the Camera button while still holding volume up
A menu will appear and one of the choices will be "wipe data/factory reset" -- use the direction pad on they keyboard to select this option
Scroll down using the direction pad to the "yes" option and select it with the d-pad select key

If you selected YES, all data including third-party applications will be deleted from the Motorola DROID 2. Once the wipe is complete, the phone will reboot to its factory fresh state.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns about my answer. Also, please note that while you've posted a deposit, you must also click 'accept' in order to close the question and ensure your expert is credited by JustAnswer. There's NO additional charge for clicking accept.

Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I have done the x-key power-on thing. Phone does not respond - no screen display of any kind (no menus). What should be my next move - take it to the Verizon Wireless store or try to install the replacement battery I have?

Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Install the replacement battery if you have one. KEep me posted.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
OK, did that and it seems like phone is operating fine now. Thanks!
Expert:  Daniel P. replied 5 years ago.
Welcome and thanks!